How Do I Register to Vote?
USG.11 Government. The student understands the role of political parties in the U.S. system of government. The student is expected to:
- analyze the functions of political parties and their role in the electoral process at local, state, and national levels.
USG.14 Citizenship. The student understands the difference between personal and civic responsibilities. The student is expected to:
- understand the voter registration process and the criteria for voting in elections.
USG. 15 Citizenship. The student understands the importance of voluntary individual participation in the U.S. constitutional republic. The student is expected to:
- analyze the effectiveness of various methods of participation in the political process at local, state, and national levels.
USG.22 Social Studies Skills. The student uses problem solving and decision-making skills, working independently and with others, in a variety of ways. The student is expected to:
- use a problem-solving process to identify a problem, gather information, list and consider options, consider advantages and disadvantages, choose and implement a solution, and evaluate the effectiveness of the solution; and
- use a decision-making process to identify a situation that requires a decision, gather information, identify options, predict consequences, and take action to implement a decision.
ACGM Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of citizens.
- Analyze the election process.
Module 3 demonstrates the voter registration process, discusses voter eligibility, and examines issues related to the registration process. Students explore ways to make the process more efficient.
- Higher Ed
- How do I register to vote?
- List five basic qualifications of voting eligibility. (Level 1)
- Identify places/ways to register to vote. (Level 1)
- Discuss issues that create barriers to efficient registration. (Level 2)
- Activity Questions
- Voter Registration Application Forms
- Video: How Do I Register to Vote? ( 5:30 minutes)
- Link to the video using this URL: https://dcccd.yuja.com/V/Video?v=225437&node=1027369&a=58587003&autoplay=1
- Video: How Do I Register to Vote in a Pandemic? ( 1:16 minutes)
- Link to the video using this URL: https://dcccd.yuja.com/V/Video?v=1365990&node=5098876&a=1563409888&autoplay=1
- Video: ¿Cómo Me Registro Para Votar Durante Una Pandemia? ( 1:38 minutes)
- Link to the video using this URL: https://dcccd.yuja.com/V/Video?v=1429683&node=5378536&a=1160746328&autoplay=1
Reading Assignment Links
Choose one or more options:
- Texas Secretary of State: Register to Vote.
- Texas Secretary of State: Frequently Asked Questions about Voter Registration.
- American Government. 7.1 Voter Registration
Krutz, Glen, and Sylvie Waskiewicz, ed. Open Stax, Rice University. 2016.
- United States Election Project – Voter Turnout Demographics.